Rhubarb & Apple Crumble
RHUBARB & APPLE CRUMBLE – RECIPE
Looking for something simple, tasty, and a little bit different for desert this winter?
I remember my mum making this dish when I was young and it was my favourite! I have ‘modernised’ it a little though to make it a little healthier
- 10 stalks of rhubarb
- 6 apples
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup self-raising flower
- 2tbs butter
For extra taste, and if you’re a health nut then buy these ingredients organic or from the local farmers market. Grass fed butter is a great alternative to standard butter too
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees
- Chop the rhubarb up into 3-4cm pieces. Peel and chop the apples
- Put the rhubarb in pan with ½ cup water. You need to stir it so it doesn’t stick to the bottom, as rhubarb is stringy when it’s cooked
- Once its softened a bit, put the apple in with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Stir until its cooked and mixed in together
- Mix the flour, coconut sugar, oats together in a bowl. Add 2tbs melted butter and mix it together with your hands until it’s an even consistency
- Pour the rhubarb and apple mix into a backing dish. Top it with the oat mix
- Put it in the oven for 35-40mins. You will know its ready when its crunchy on top
Serves 4 people
Keen to hear if anyone tries it!
Sign up for more amazing content!
Join the mailing list to have blog posts, and a monthly newsletter sent directly to your inbox!